Group tours are a great introduction to the DPRK. They allow travellers to take advantage of economies of scale, whilst providing a ready-made social group with people of all different nationalities and ages, with whom you can share your thoughts and experiences with during the tour.
Group tours are planned to coincide with a ‘Special Event’ in the DPRK calendar. Consequently the tours will take advantage of any extra celebrations that are offered during this time such as art and entertainment shows, exhibitions, mass dancing and the like.
The JTS Difference
When choosing your DPRK tour provider it is important to make sure you know what you are getting for the tour price. We are proud to offer what we believe are the best value tours on the market when all factors are taken into consideration. We call this the ‘JTS Difference’:
– All our group tours start with a comprehensive pre-tour briefing in Beijing during which you will meet your JTS Tour Leader, run through the do’s and don’ts and all your last minute questions can be answered. This is followed by a complimentary welcome dinner during which you can get to know your fellow group members better before the start of the tour;
– All our group tours are led by an experienced JTS Tour Leader who has visited the DPRK on numerous occasions in the past and will be able to assist in getting the best out of your visit. Furthermore, each group will have two English speaking KITC guides escorting them, plus their own air conditioned tour bus;
– All our group tours include the convenience of return Air Koryo scheduled flights between Beijing and Pyongyang. This means our customers can take advantage of the 72 hour visa free transit in Beijing, saving both time and money compared to the need to obtain a Chinese visa in advance should you take the train one (or both) ways. We do offer the return 23 hour overnight train to Beijing as an optional extra, if preferred;
– All our group tours stay at premium hotels. In Pyongyang, we use the Koryo Hotel (4*) which we consider to be the best all-round option in the capital for tourists when comparing location, quality of service and amenities. For the 5 and 7 night group tours, we include one night in the luxurious Hyangsan Hotel (5*) which offers a very high level of accommodation and facilities;
– All our group tours operate on a fully inclusive basis. All meals (including one drink per meal), accommodation, entry fees to all places of interest, is included in the tour price. We also cover other small extras that some tour companies may not – morning coffee with breakfast, for example, a ride in the lift to the top of the Juche Tower, entrance to a music or circus show – is all included.
Our 2017 group tour opportunities are listed below. Please click on each tour for more information, including a detailed itinerary. When you have decided which tour you wish to take, please click the APPLY page for a simple, step by step application process.
‘Bargain Option’ for JTS Group Tours
Our group tours are already among the best value on the market, however we appreciate that budgets can be tight. So, we have introduced a ‘Bargain Option’ which offer an even greater cost saving. The ‘Bargain Option’ will follow the same itinerary, stay in the same hotels and be part of the same group as our standard tours. The only difference is that the ‘Bargain Option’ tour will start and finish in the Chinese border town of Dandong.
Customers joining these tours will take the daily international train from Dandong, departing at 0935 hrs and arriving Pyongyang at 1745 hrs, where they will join the rest of the tour group. At the end of the tour, they will take the same train back to China, leaving Pyongyang at 1040 hrs and arriving Dandong at 1625 hrs.
Group tour prices are inclusive of the following:
- Welcome dinner after the pre-tour briefing in Beijing;
- Return scheduled Air Koryo flights between Beijing and Pyongyang;
- Accommodation. In Pyongyang, groups will stay at the Koryo Hotel (4*);
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus one complimentary water or beer per meal;
- Entry fees to the places of interest to be visited;
- The use of an experienced JTS Tour Leader and two English speaking KITC guides;
- Air conditioned bus with driver;
Group tour prices do not include:
- Any expenses incurred outside of the DPRK ie. In China such as international flights from your home country to China, Chinese visa fee, Beijing accommodation etc;
- The DPRK tourist visa fee, which is EUR 50 per person – we will organise this on your behalf;
- Optional single room supplement ,the price of which is listed in each tour itinerary;
- Additional costs for beverages and other incidental expenses such as souvenirs;
- Travel and medical insurance;
- Gratuities for your guides and driver;