If you are looking for flexibility and personal attention from your tour, then we highly recommend taking a private tour. Customers taking a private tour have the opportunity to create a bespoke itinerary fitting precisely with their needs. Travel options, accommodation, where and when to visit, how long to stay – all can be tailored to the customer’s requirements.
We offer two categories of private tour:
- Standard private tours, starting and finishing in Beijing using either Air Koryo / Air China flights, or the international overnight sleeper train;
- ‘Bargain’ private tours, a cheaper tour starting and finishing in Dandong, using the daily train to and from Pyongyang. Perfect for those on a limited budget. In all other respects, the tours are the same as our standard tours.
Below, one can find some sample itineraries and prices for private tours between 2 and 12 nights, designed to get the most from your time in the country. You are welcome to simply book one of these sample itineraries, however if there is any particular place or attraction you wish to visit which is not included, please let us know and we will do our utmost to assist. The beauty of a personal tour is in its bespoke nature, so please do not be shy if you wish to put together an entirely unique itinerary!
Prices are in EUROS per person:
- The above standard private tour prices are basis booking return flights Beijing – Pyongyang on either Air Koryo or Air China. Flying one way Air Koryo and the other way Air China costs an additional EUR 50 / person;
- Standard private tour customers wishing to take the overnight sleeper train between Beijing and Pyongyang either one way or both ways can do so at no extra cost.
- We can also arrange standard private tours to enter the DPRK via Shenyang and Vladivostok, please contact us for prices;
- The above ‘Bargain’ private tour prices are basis taking the return daily train between Dandong – Pyongyang;
- Please note that USA citizens are not permitted to take the train to and from the DPRK, therefore the ‘Bargain’ private tours are not open to USA citizens, nor can they take the international sleeper train between Pyongyang and Beijing.
Deluxe upgrade options for private tour customers:
- Air Koryo business class upgrade: EUR 250 / person one way & EUR 350 / person return;
- Pyongyang accommodation upgrade to the ’boutique’ Moranbong Hotel **** EUR 30 per person / night (sharing) and EUR 40 per person / night (single);
- Mount Myohyang accommodation upgrade to the newly renovated Hyangsan Hotel ***** EUR 110 per person / night (sharing) and EUR 150 per person / night (single);
- Hamhung accommodation upgrade to the newly built Majon Hotel ***** EUR 110 per person / night (sharing) and EUR 150 per person / night (single);
- Luxury dining package including some of Pyongyang’s best restaurants – contact us for prices / details
Private tour prices are inclusive of the following:
- Return international transportation between Beijing and China as listed in the itinerary;
- All accommodation during the tour. In Pyongyang, customers have the option of choosing from the Koryo or Yangakkdo Hotel (both 4* standard);
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus one complimentary water or beer per meal;
- Entry fees to the places of interest to be visited;
- Two experienced KITC guides speaking a language of your choice;
- A personal driver, with air conditioned transportation matching the size of the party.
The above private tour prices do not include:
- Any expenses incurred outside of the DPRK ie. international flights from your home country to China, Chinese visa fee, accommodation etc;
- The DPRK tourist visa fee, which is EUR 50 / person if collected in Beijing and RMB 300 / person if collected in Dandong;
- Single room supplement of EUR 35 per person per night (this is included in the 1 person tour price);
- Additional beverage costs and other incidental expenses such as souvenirs, leisure activities like ten pin bowling, shooting range entry fees, amusement park rides;
- If the tour takes place during the Arirang mass games season, a separate entry fee starting at EUR 80 / person is to be paid locally should you wish to see this;
- Travel and medical insurance;
- Gratuities for your guides and driver;
- A flower offering at memorial sites such as Mansudae Grand Monument and/or Revolutionary Martyr’s Cemetery (5-10 Euros);