Hereafter the terms “we”, “us” or “our” refer to Juche Travel Services whilst “you”, “your”, or “yourself” refers to the customer and the customer’s rights, responsibilities, and obligations. Democratic People’s Republic of Korea is used interchangeably with “DPRK”. “KITC” refers to the Korea International Travel Company. “JTS” refers to Juche Travel Services.
This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
Juche Travel Services (JTS) is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
Who we are
Juche Travel Services is an administrative booking agent, licensed to re-sell and advertise Korean International Travel Company (KITC) tours to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). All tours are managed and operated by KITC only.
JTS uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone and email contact regarding your booking, making improvements to our future tours, and to send marketing emails (unless you have specifically indicated that you do not wish to receive such emails) highlighting new tours or special offers which we believe may be of interest to you. In you making initial contact with us, you consent to JTS maintaining a dialogue with you for the purposes of your tour booking until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in offering our services.
Personal data likely to be collected from you includes your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, passport information, employer name, address and telephone contact details, next-of-kin contact information, tour preferences and special requirements e.g. medical or dietary. For specialist tours such as our Working Holiday Volunteer Programme we may also ask for additional information including copies of your qualifications and/or curriculum vitae. Your information may also be collected when contacting us through email, phone, or via our social media. When visiting our website you may visit anonymously however details of your visits to our website, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, may be used from time to time to collect anonymous statistics about the behaviour of visitors on the website.
Such information is necessary for us to book your tour and to make the necessary arrangements for your tour including the processing of your DPRK visa, hotel bookings, and flight tickets. Your information is only shared with trusted third parties when necessary and local law permits for the purposes of your tour booking. JTS requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. We do not sell or broker your data under any circumstances. Your data is only shared when necessary for the purposes of making your tour booking with our partners at KITC and (if taking a flight) with the national airline Air Koryo. Your information is never exchanged, sold, or otherwise given to any other third parties unless specifically required, such as the legal cooperation with criminal or other legal procedures, dispute resolution and/or litigation cases.
JTS will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with services relevant to our remit to promote best practice in all aspects of DPRK Travel.
Occasionally, your Juche Travel Services tour leader may take photos or videos of your experience in the DPRK, including photos or videos of you, the customer, for the purposes of future marketing and use in our social media. If you do not wish for your image to be used or taken in this way then please inform your JTS tour leader at the start of the tour.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to JTS processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JTS do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with JTS without your consent. However, JTS may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. JTS may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of JTS, its clients and/or the wider community.
JTS will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. JTS does not store personal data outside the EEA. Your information is kept safe and confidential through the use of a secure server and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We maintain effective malware protection software on all of our sites and servers.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst JTS is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that JTS refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
JTS, at your request, can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (JTS) that has determined how and why to process your data;
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable;
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing;
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of JTS or a third party such as one of its suppliers, information about those interests;
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed;
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to;
- How long the data will be stored;
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing;
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time;
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO);
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data;
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you;
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
JTS will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- A copy of your driving licence, or;
- Passport, or;
- Birth certificate and a utility (not older than three months).
A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If JTS is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to email@example.com.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by JTS or its partners, you have the right to complain to the Communications Officer. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
This agreement is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom courts.
This document was last updated on 26 January 2019