KOREAN LANGUAGE SUMMER SCHOOL TOUR
JULY-AUGUST 2018 APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Are you interested in studying in the DPRK (North Korea)? Following the successes of 2017, we are heading back to school from July – August 2018 for three weeks of intensive Korean language learning mixed with daily tourism activities and weekend overnight excursions. Join us for a eye opening experience and a rare chance to live and study in one of the top universities in the DPRK!
Sunday 15 July 2018 – Monday 6 August 2018 (22 nights in the DPRK)
Weekdays: Pyongyang and Kim Hyong Jik University of Education, originally founded in 1946 and known for being a top university in the DPRK, specialised in pedagogical teacher training and teaching Korean as a second language.
Weekends: Kaesong & DMZ / Mount Myohyang / Wonsan
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE DETAILED DAILY ITINERARY
All inclusive price: Return international transport from Beijing, Accommodation, Breakfast lunch and dinner every day, Private transport inside an air-conditioned bus, University tuition fees, Entrance fees to all places listed in itinerary, and two English speaking KITC guides!
Korean Language Summer School Daily Schedule (Monday – Friday)
Mornings (Three hours class time)
08:30 – 09:30 Lecture 1
09:30 – 09:45 Break
09:45 – 10:45 Lecture 2
10:45 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 12:00 Lecture 3
Afternoons (Private study)
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 Self-study and language lab/Homework
15:00 – 16:00 Extra Curricular activities (Taekwondo/Korean Dancing)
16:00 – 18:00 Daily leisure activities: Pyongyang city tour, Korean Karaoke, Swimming, Sports games with local students, Visiting local attractions etc.
18:00 – 19:00 Dinner
19:00 – Relaxing
Wednesdays – Special Itinerary
15:00 – 16:30 On Wednesday afternoons we have been given special permission to attend a three-part lecture series at Kim Il Sung University, Pyongyang’s most elite educational establishment, providing an insightful take on topics such as Korean culture, food, language, and revolutionary history. Lectures in Korean with live English translation.
What to Expect?
Here are some comments from participants on our 2017 programme:
“It was an amazing (and very unique) way of getting started with the Korean language. This experience wasn’t just about learning a new language but also to experience, for a couple of weeks, the North Korean university system, as we were learning with Korean teachers. I am now studying Korean in the UK with some books I bought in the DPRK. I can’t wait to go back to North Korea to practice my Korean skills!! 나는 류학생입니다!”
David from Spain
“While on the tour we had class from 9.00 until 12.00 everyday and then went travelling around Pyongyang after study. The cultural exchanges were magnificent and the peoples knowledge of the world amazed me. I would totally recommend Juche Travel Services’ Korean Summer Language Tour and hope that everyone has this opportunity to have life changing experiences”
Jack from Australia
“The Korean language lessons were extremely useful and of the highest quality. Our professor was kind and professional who delivered outstanding lessons and wasn’t afraid to challenge us. It was a real university course with real expectations put forth by the faculty. My overall impression with the DPRK and Juche Travel Services are outstanding. The DPRK is a fascinating (and safe) place to visit and Juche Travel Services offered the best value to an all-inclusive holiday I have ever seen.”
Mike from Canada
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE DETAILED DAILY ITINERARY
Maximum capacity for this programme is 30 students
Only completed applications guaranteed a position
How to Apply
Please send us an email to email@example.com and attach the following items:
1) Completed Korean Language Summer School Tour application form (download it here);
2) Scanned colour copy of your passport photo ID page (black and white not accepted);
3) Scanned colour copy of a separate passport photo (black and white not accepted).
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and inform you of the next steps regarding visa application and payment of the booking fee.
EUR 2,599 / person for the standard itinerary with return overnight sleeper train tickets Beijing – Pyongyang – Beijing.
Accommodation is in shared twin rooms. Should you be travelling solo, we will match you with another single traveller. If you wish to have your own room, the single room supplement is EUR 30/night/person.
Tour Price includes:
- 22 night accommodation; 19 nights at a local 3* hotel, 1 night at the Chongchun Hotel, 1 night at the Kaesong Folk Hotel and 1 night at the Tongmyong Hotel.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner every day;
- Return international transportation Beijing – Pyongyang – Beijing as listed;
- All entry fees to the places of interest to be visited;
- 3 hours daily language tuition + Kim Il Sung University lectures
- All transportation inside the DPRK, in an air-conditioned coach with driver;
- The use of two English speaking KITC guides.
Tour Price does not include:
- The DPRK tourist visa fee, which is EUR 50 if collected in Beijing at the pre-tour meeting;
- Any expenses incurred outside of the DPRK e.g. Double entry Chinese visa fee, international transportation to and from Beijing, accommodation in Beijing etc.
- Textbook costs which is EUR 10 – 25 depending on level;
- Graduation Certificate printing (EUR 10)
- Beverages, incidental expenses (souvenirs, funfair rides, trip up to the top of the Juche Tower, swimming at the university pool etc.),
- Optional extra-curricular activities such as Taekwondo Class, Korean Dancing Class, Munsu Waterpark, Ten-pin Bowling, Fishing etc.
- Optional visits e.g. beer bar/pizza restaurant
- A flower offering at Memorial sites like Mansudae Grand Monument (EUR 5- 10);
- Travel and medical insurance;
- Gratuities for your teachers, guides, and driver (we would recommend a figure of around EUR 10 per customer, per day).